Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

That Big Bird Scared Me! (Mary)

A couple of days ago, I was outside playing when a GIANT bird went flying over us. It was soooo BIG!!!! It was ugly, and it looked meeeean. I know I am just a puppy, but I never saw a bird like that before.

That bird didn't have feathers. It had dark skin that looked hard. And its wings were on top of its head! Instead of flapping, its wings went around and around, and they made the leaves on the trees blow around hard.  It was so big, and made such a commotion as it flew that it also shook the ground and made the house rattle. That scared me! I went running into the house and ran right up to Granny Annie, trembling with fear. Granny was so nice. She put her work down right then, picked me up, and cuddled me up. I curled up into a tiny ball and snuggled right up to Granny's chest, hiding my head. That was sure a scary bird and I felt safe snuggled up in Granny's arms.

Granny lovingly held me for a long time and told me it was going to be alright. She said that that bird wasn't going to hurt me, but I didn't believe it. It was BIG and it looked MEAN and it was LOUD and it shook everything. Granny said the bird was a 'copter. I don't know what kind of bird that is, but I sure hope they don't make very many babies and I hope they go find somewhere else to fly around and perch.

Granny's warm body and snuggly arms made me feel safe, though, and in no time I had calmed down and was ready to go back outside and play with my sisters, Nellie and Fifi. But I kept my eye on the sky and if that 'copter bird came back, I was going to run real fast back in to Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment